Friday, August 27, 2010

Food Friday - Apple Coffee Cake

I've been trying to get more adventurous with the gluten free baking so I decided to look for a coffee cake recipe. I found this Apple Coffee Cake recipe from Gluten Free Steve. I decided to try it because the thought of apples in there too reminded me of bear claws.


I chopped up two granny smith apples. My apple pieces are fairly small.
Photobucket


All of the dry ingredients.
Photobucket


All of the wet ingredients.
Photobucket


I mixed the two together first, instead of mixing the apples with the wet ingredients.
Photobucket


Then mixed it all together and put in in a greased 8x8 pan. Forgot to take a before picture with topping on it.
Photobucket

Fresh out of the oven!
Photobucket




Overall, this was delicious. The boy even commented that this was close to the real thing. I think out of all the gluten free baked goods, this one disappeared the fastest. I think these would be good with small variations too. I want to try one without apples and I want to try baking it as muffins.

5 comments:

  1. Yum! I'm glad you're having more and more success with the gluten free recipes. Seems fruit helps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks yummy. I miss cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Perfect for the season, too, as the apples are just beginning to show up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you liked it! This is one we bake in our house usually on some cool Fall morning.

    ReplyDelete