Saturday, October 9, 2010

Bowknot Bag

Started another test knit for a designer on Ravelry. Oddly enough, it's the same designer as the hat I knitted. I am quite drawn to her patterns. I know I said from before I would never knit a bag again, but I saw this up in the group and wanted to knit this.(Ravelry Link)



Bowknot Bag




Yarn: Caron Simply Soft
Color: Sage
Content: 100% acrylic
Care: machine wash and dry
Needles: US 3 / 3.25mm

I need more practice with Turkish cast-ons because it took like 4 or 5 times for me to get one that I thought was moderately acceptable. I love learning new things, but I feel like I am not coordinated enough to master this cast-ons and ones similar. If you have any recommendations . . . I would greatly appreciate them.

4 comments:

  1. I've only managed to knit a bag once. Don't know why, but I'm just not drawn to them. It's great that you found one that's fun to knit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I just had an amazing thought. You like making hats and experimenting. Well you could try little mini hats, that way you could get through them quicker but still have a good idea of what the end result would look like. Plus I know a tiny little girl who will need some hats to put on her inevitably bald head! :) Just a thought. I like to help a fellow sister out when I can :)!! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turkish cast-on... have I tried that one? I don't think so... No helpful hints here, but I'll be waiting to hear any wonderful tips others have to offer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOO pretty bag, I'm in the mood to make one. Guess I need to pick the needles up.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete