Friday, October 15, 2010

Cheesy Rice

The recipe I used was this Rachael Ray Recipe. I used it more as a base though.

My stock was gluten free.
Photobucket

I used whatever rice I had on hand.
Photobucket


I added a bit of flavor with some garlic powder.
Photobucket

I didn't buy any fancy cheese. I just used what I had on hand in the fridge. Although I would definitely try some fancier cheese now that I know it works well. Maybe something smokey.
Photobucket

Nice consistency when freshly cooked. I might suggest not using quite as much cheese, but that is all.
Photobucket

Served it up with some ham and roasted veggies.
Photobucket




I really wanted to try this because I love cheesy rice, but most packaged products cannot be trusted to be gluten free. So when life gives you lemons . . . you make cheesy rice!

4 comments:

  1. Looks good! Probably tastes better than a mix, anyway. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it turned out well! Always good to think of new things to do with rice, I am not a plain rice lover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you said you MIGHT not use as much cheese next time. There is no such thing as too much cheese in my world!

    ReplyDelete