Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Lacey Thorns

Yarn: Rozetti – Always Dreams

Color: 116-04 (Variegated bright pink)

Content: 75% Acrylic / 25% Wool

Care: Machine wash and dry flat

Needles: US 2 / 2.75mm

Gauge: 7sts per inch

Pattern: Taking inspiration from the Mistletoes pattern.

Modifications: I am using the cast on numbers and the general numbers from this pattern since I like the fit so much, but I am using my modifications that I did for fit and am changing the main stitch pattern for this pair. This pair uses the stitch pattern called Lace Thorns from the Big Book of Knitting Stitch Patterns.


Only a little done so far.
Photobucket

A really crappy close-up attempt.
Photobucket


Photobucket



So far enjoying them, partially as with the other pair, the thicker yarn works up quicker so you can easily see some progress. The lace obviously has more give than the solid pattern so I am expecting to not have to increase this one quite so much for the heel, but we shall see.

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Look at you sock on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried this yarn! I love the color and how it is turning out in the pattern!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete