Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Excuses and the Gracious Tam

So excuses first. Sorry for pretty much disappearing from the blog, haven't been feeling very up to blogging with the cold. Sunday I thought I was definitely on the road to recovery, woke up Monday with Viral Pink Eye, which unlike the Bacteria version, there is nothing I can take for it. It just means my virus has traveled up to my eyes. I still thought that other than this set-back things were getting better . . . spent a lot of last night coughing and vomiting. Not so pretty. Same thing this morning. Except this morning, I also had no voice. Had to call into work. Pink eye seems to be getting worse, not better, but at least I am not vomiting anymore. Not sure if I had one heck of a bad cold or if I caught another one while I was recovering from the first one. Either way . . . cannot wait for this to be all done with.


Onto the information you all really came for, the knitting!

Yarn: Schoeller+Stahl Big
Color: 7820 (Looks natural)
Content: 100% Wool, superwash
Care: machine wash
Needles: US 4 / 3.5mm
Pattern: Gracious Tam.
Modifications: I only did 2.5 repeats of the body because I wanted one with a little less slouch and more importantly, I would have run out of yarn.

I am a fan of Mindy Vasil’s patterns. This was a free pattern if you did the KAL in March with her. Love the hat and will be making some more in other colors!

These first few are after knitting, but before blocking.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Here it is blocking on a plate.
Photobucket

This one is not color accurate, but shows the detail better.
Photobucket

After blocking!
Photobucket

This is a bit of a blooper, but that is what I get for having the husband take my pictures instead of setting up the tripod!
Photobucket


Photobucket



Overall, loving this hat. Definitely not a winter hat, but is a nice fall/spring type hat. Remember this dyeing experience? Well, I have decided that these yarns will become some hats. A couple of them will be this hat.

3 comments:

  1. Cute hat, cute you! Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great hat! Sorry you're still sick...hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you can rest, and recover from your bad cold! That sounds very nasty! The hat looks nice. I wish I would like to wear Tam's, they are so lovely to make.

    ReplyDelete