Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Meet George

George thinks the life of miniature is pretty awesome so far, he gets to hang out with me at work and find out what the wonderful world of mortgages are all about at a bank.

Although he is not sure what to think about the fact that there is a famous monkey also named George. He's not quite comfortable with the fact that when people hear his name they might think of the monkey first. So he's considering a name change, but he's unsure as of now.

Yarn: Patons Beehive Scotch
Color: Beige (the darker brown is the same yarn, but dyed with Wilton's Icing Dye)
Content: 100% wool
Care: hand wash and air-dry
Needles: US 000



Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket


Photobucket





Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket





Overall, George was fun and interesting to make. I love patterns that pick up stitches off of other pieces, instead of being sewn together. I just trust them much more with small children. I will be making a larger size of George for my nephew Garren with some worsted weight yarn.

Luckily for both me and the next George larger yarn and needles will be a blessing. Because trust me, little George is glad that he couldn't actually hear the things I muttered while trying to knit his little ears. They are cute and very much worth it when all is said and done, but during. . . lets just say that I seriously considered making him an ear-less Giraffe.

With the second one, I will be making a modification or two to the pattern, but we will talk about that when I get more into making him.

6 comments:

  1. How adorable!! A friend's mom collects giraffes, so I might need to consider one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love George!! I think I need to add him to my Rav Queue right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. In our house he would be Jeffrey, both giraffes are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This little guy is so cute! What a good job! I love him!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Maybe he needs to lengthen his name to George the Giraffe, just to clarify. =)

    ReplyDelete