Monday, January 2, 2012

PIF Slippers


Also on the Pay It Forward crafty list are these Felted Slippers. Surprisingly quick knit, but took 7 washes to felt them to the appropriate size. I think I will keep my felting adventures until I own a washer and don't have to pay per load at the laundry mat! :)


Yarn: Jo-Ann Sensations Kashmira
Color: Green
Content: 100% felt-able wool
Needles: US 7 knitting needles, 3.5mm crochet hook
Pattern: Vintage Slippers


This was a test-knit and a Pay It Forward item at the same time. . . only because the test-knit worked. I do recommend the pattern as it makes a lovely slipper. I intend on making my own when she makes the pattern for the larger sizes.





Photobucket

I love how this yarn felted.  It kept the stitch structure of the moss stitch.
Photobucket

The rolled edges are created very niftily, it seems more difficult that it is, it is definitely one of those patterns where you just have to trust the pattern and go with it.
Photobucket

Obviously they lack some structure without feet in them.
Photobucket


Photobucket





Unfortunately my other two Pay It Forward gifts are more behind. I am still working on them, I apologize to the other two recipients! :)

5 comments:

  1. Very cool. I understand on waiting till you aren't paying per load.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Wookie, and good thing he's there to do quality control. :o)
    I'm always fascinated when people do felted slippers and such. I would be so worried about the sizing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never has a pair of slippers been so loved. They fit perfectly!! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!

    In fact, I think I need to knit a pair. I've been wondering if our new - well, not so much anymore, but - washer will allow felting...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all the edges on those slippers. They have some really nice definition, which it often missing in knit (and especially felted) footwear.

    ReplyDelete