Friday, March 22, 2013

Paleo to Whole 30

My sister, Rhoni, and her family are going to do the Whole 30 in April. I am going to do it also, Whole 30 is really not that different from Paleo, just more strict. I am hoping this will rejuvenate some of my feeling about eating this way.

Starting Monday, I am going on a "trial run" to kind of ease myself into it before April 1st. My downfall with Paleo always is my level of preparedness . . . or more accurately, my lack of it. So today I went through and made a "tentative" schedule of food I am going to make and in what cookbooks I need to find the recipe, if applicable. I may end up substituting some where along the line, as this may be a little over ambitious, but at least I have something to work from.

Part of meal that I am using a recipe for is starred and at end will list cookbook. The two cookbooks I am focusing from are Caveman Feast, which is a nice book, but you have to register and can only purchase it from that site which I view as a downside, the other book is 500 Paleo Recipes of which I recommend in general, whether you are Paleo or not.



March 25th - March 31st (Trial Week)
Monday - *Bacon Wrapped Chicken with Spicy Relish* (Caveman Feast)
Tuesday - Grilled Pork w/ Roasted Cauliflower and *Cucumber Salad* with tomatoes and radishes (Caveman Feast)
Wednesday - Chicken Fajitas w/ *Spicy Avocado Hummus* (Caveman Feast)
Thursday - Roasted Chicken w/ Roasted Beets, Asparagus, and Green beans
Friday - *Eggs Benedict w/ Ham* (Caveman Feast)
Saturday - Eggplant and Chicken Rollatini with Broccoli
Sunday - Lemon Pepper Fish w/ *Creamed Spinach* and Roasted Cauliflower (500 Pale Recipes)


April 1st - April 7th
Monday - Roasted Chicken, Roasted Asparagus, and *Grilled Peaches/Pears* (Caveman Feast)
Tuesday - Monterey Chicken w/ Roasted Cauliflower and Peas (BBQ Sauce from Caveman Feast)
Wednesday - Meatloaf w/ Green Beans and Roasted Brussel Sprouts (Ketchup from Caveman Feast)
Thursday - BBQ Pork w/ *Classic Coleslaw* (500 Paleo Recipes)
Friday - *Breakfast sausage* w/ scrambled eggs (Caveman Feast)
Saturday - Grilled Pork w/ *Lime Habanero Balsamic Dressing* w/ Broccoli (500 Paleo Recipes)
Sunday - *Orange Fennel Salmon* w/ Roasted Veggies (500 Paleo Recipes)


April 8th - April 14th
Monday - *Sweet Potato Pasta* w/ peas and Roast (Caveman Feast)
Tuesday - Grilled Chicken w/ Garlic beans, bacon, and broccoli
Wednesday - Chicken pasta w/ bacon and *Cocktail Sauce* w/ Zucchini Noodles (500 Paleo Recipes)
Thursday - *Fish in Creamy Curry Sauce* with Cauliflower Rice (500 Paleo Recipes)
Friday - *Coconut Pancakes w/ Raspberry Reduction* (Caveman Feast)
Saturday - Grilled Pork w/ Roasted Asparagus and Cauliflower
Sunday - *Dill Sauce* over Chicken with Broccoli and Zucchini (500 Paleo Recipe)


April 15th - April 21st
Monday - Roast w/ tomatoes and capers over Cauliflower Rice
Tuesday - *Orange Ginger Chicken Stir Fry* w/ Sauteed Cabbage (500 Paleo Recipes)
Wednesday - Grille Pork w/ *BBQ Bacon Asparagus* (Caveman Feast)
Thursday - Ham and Zucchini Omelets
Friday - Lemon Pepper Fish w/ Broccoli and *Hollandaise Sauce* (Caveman Feast)
Saturday - Eggplant and Bacon Rollatini with Spinach
Sunday - Asian Shrimp, Cashew, and Pineapple over Cauliflower Rice


April 22nd - April 28th
Monday - *Creamy Chipotle Beef* w/ Zucchini Noodles (500 Paleo Recipes)
Tuesday - Grilled Chicken, Asparagus, and Green Beans
Wednesday - *Sweet and Sour Chicken* with Cauliflower Rice (500 Paleo Recipes)
Thursday - Pork Rolls w/ Spinach and *Lemon Anchovy Sauce* w/Roasted Cauliflower (500 Paleo Recipes)
Friday - Grilled Pork and Roasted Veggies
Saturday - *Guatalote en Mole Pablano* (500 Paleo Recipes)
Sunday - Fish *Chermoula* w/ Roasted Veggies (500 Paleo Recipes)


April 29th - May 5th
Monday - Fried Pork w/ *crush pork rind crust* w/ Roasted Cauliflower and Peas (500 Paleo Recipes)
Tuesday - Grilled Chicken w/ *Celeriac Puree* and Asparagus (500 Paleo Recipes)
Wednesday - Portabellas stuffed with Pesto and Sausage
Thursday - Fried fish w/ Tomatoes, Capers, and Zucchini
Friday - *Lemon Glazed* Broccoli, Chicken, and Bacon (500 Paleo Recipes)
Saturday - *Paleo Joes* w/ Roasted Asparagus and Celery Root (500 Paleo Recipes)
Sunday - *Egg Drop Soup* (500 Paleo Recipes)

3 comments:

  1. Preparation is my downfall too... that and the Knight's limited food interests, and his desire to eat whatever speaks to him, whether it is in the house or requires going out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Preparation is key.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I feel so behind. I haven't got any of mine figured out. We made zucchini noodles this past week. I cooked them ten seconds too long but they worked really well. Today I pureed a banana and avocado as a dip for snack. It was great and Ellie loved it. I will have to get my menu done and posted.

    ReplyDelete