Friday, June 26, 2009

What's going on

Well, I have decided to do a little spinning. I took this off of one of my spindles, it's natural wool roving. I was going to ply it with my Falling Leaves, but changed my mind.







I began a very little bit of the roving that was dyed for the contest choice. It is spinning up better than I imagined. The blues, green, and purples are just lovely.




This second one is more true to color. Will try to remember to get a natural light picture, if these thunder storms stop.





Knitting-wise, I finished the first sock. I am working on the second one now. I think when I get some extra money, I will have to go back to Elmwood Fabrics and get some of this yarn for me. I just love the way it feels. Will give all the specs of the socks when I am finished with the pair.







On a side note about socks, I have decided to make baby Vera a pair of socks from the left over yarn of each person who is getting Christmas socks. So when I am done with my mom's socks, if there is enough yarn, Vera will have a pair to match her Grandma.

I am also cutting warp threads to dress the loom to work more on my dad's blanket too. I don't have a warping board, so I just cut each warp thread individually. Just takes some time. I also need to go buy some more of the tan yarn.

Have lots of ideas for new projects floating in my head. Doesn't it always figure that the less time you have to work on projects, the more ideas you have.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I regret that I've yet to bond with my hand spindles. I admire those of you who have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these socks, I always wear short cuffs on mine and these look sooooo soft. Your hand spindles and fiber look pretty.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of the socks, can't wait to see them in person. You are making me feel guilt for not getting my spinning out, will have to work on that:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can you spin so evenly on a spindle???? I can't spin on a spindle at all. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete