Saturday, February 19, 2011

January's Bakers Dozen Square

Yes, evidently I forgot to blog about this too!

Yarn: Stitch Nation’s Bamboo Ewe
Color: Beach Glass
Content: 55% Viscose from Bamboo and 45% Wool
Care: Hand wash in cold water, lay flat to dry
Needles: US 4 / 3.5mm
Hook: G / 4mm
Stitch: Cross-Stitch Block from More Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch



I loved this pattern since I saw it in the book. The texture is wonderful and I love how stretchy it is. I still want to complete a pair of socks in this pattern.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



I truly loved how well this yarn worked. It is so quickly becoming a favorite to work with. The drape was wonderful. I had reservations about the color, the Member of the Month wanted pastels - - colors I am usually not a fan of. But this color worked so well with this pattern. It really does have that faded blue/teal beach glass color.

4 comments:

  1. I love this stitch pattern too. It's the one I've used for my green "Surrounded" blanket. I like the color you used too. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the texture on that stitch. The yarn does a beautiful job of showing it off, too.

    ReplyDelete