Friday, March 4, 2011

Food Friday - Eggplant Stacks

Remember this recipe I wanted to try for Eggplant Stacks? Well I tried them and I am so glad I did. Much better than lasagna simply because you can taste the eggplant better and they are not super mushy.

I was even able to find the gluten free “bread-crumbs” she recommended. Definitely yummy, kept their crisp and did not have that odd after taste some gluten free items do.

I recommend a little extra tomato mixture on the side when serving.


Photobucket

We ate them with the stuffed peppers! Very filling!
Photobucket



I will definitely be making these stacks again and encourage everyone to try them!

3 comments:

  1. I'll try them! I can't make eggplant taste good! I have sworn it off, I'll give this recipe a shot
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, glad they turned out well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm drooling. Would that we had eggplant and fresh tomatoes in the house. Le sigh. I'll correct that this weekend!

    ReplyDelete