Friday, March 18, 2011

Food Friday - Orange Chicken

I wanted to make some Chinese food . . . why, because I miss it. A lot of Chinese sauces include Soy Sauce, which is almost always wheat. It's hard to eat safely at any Chinese food place. So I figured I would do it myself . . . THIS is the recipe I used.

I substituted in King Arthur Gluten Free Flour and San-J Gluten Free Soy Sauce. The flour worked absolutely, wonderful, just look at how the chicken turned out!


Photobucket

The sauce was yummy, the husband thought it was a little too fruity for him.
Photobucket

Coated the chicken with sauce.
Photobucket

Here are the two containers that were the husband's lunch that he took to work.
Photobucket


Photobucket

Here was my bowl with everything thrown in together. Veggies were steamed cauliflower & broccoli . . . Roasted onions and peppers.
Photobucket



Overall, a good recipe. I would like to try again but tweak the sauce a little more so it is something more the husband would like. Need to look for some other Chinese sauces that would be good to try.

2 comments:

  1. Too fruity?! Is there such a thing?

    It's a shame you aren't in the house next door. I have a feeling we could eat together happily and let the Knight cook for your hubby...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. I love making orange chicken.

    ReplyDelete