Thursday, March 24, 2011

Healthy Thursday

Well start of with the weigh in, did pretty well this week, all things considered.

Weight: 275.4 (Down another 1.9 pounds since last week)

I ate much better this week, with pretty much no sweets. This was definitely my strong area this week.

I started the couch to 5K.

Couch to 5K :
DAY 1 ~ I went and got running shoes on Saturday. Sunday at noon I drove out to the park, which has a circle of pavement people run/walk/bike on and did my first day. Honestly, it was both harder and easier than I thought. It was easier, because my body realized that 60 seconds is not that long to run, which that thought is what kept me running each time it was time to run. However, it was harder because my body got sore quicker than I thought. I did the whole thing, which I am proud of. I felt great after it was done, but my left hip was killing me. On the positive side, my hip didn’t start hurting until the last run time though. When I got back to my car I stretched, which helped my hip some.

Unfortunately, this was as far as I got for a couple reason. My hip today is still sore, not horribly so, but not normal yet. Plus, we were cursed with snow on Tuesday night and during the day on Wednesday. It's been quite cold since. Overall, still positive thoughts on it though and will begin again as soon as it gets warm enough again. The hips pain/soreness also hindered other exercises.


Arm exercises w/ 8lbs, 2 sets of 15 reps: iii

20 minutes with the balance ball : ii

15 minutes of step aerobics : i

No walking home from work either since the weather seems to think it's still Winter. I am quite sick of this weather. I agree with many other, where is the lamb? We've already experienced the lion of March, so where is the lamb?

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about C25K. Wanted to wait until spring to try it, just so that we'd have fewer days that we have to skip due to weather. Sounds like you've made a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Around here, March came in like a lamb and is going out like a lion. Boooo!

    And congrats on the loss!

    ReplyDelete