Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday Inspirations

I saw a mitered log cabin square on January One’s post and fell in love with it. It is the Mitered Crosses Blanket by Kay Gardiner. Through 2011 all proceeds go to relief efforts in Japan. I purchased mine immediately, now I just have to find time to knit it!


I know this isn’t new, but I am going to try the Couch to 5K Program. I also went to THIS page and downloaded the Christian Indie Tracks and the Robert Ullrey’s Podcast for music to go along. We shall see how it goes.


Spring is coming and a Worm Bin sounds like such a good idea. Might be something I try this year.


Recipes I’d like to try:

My husband loves Chicken Fried Steak, so this is definitely a recipe I want to try.


Leek Kale Cabbage Colcannon sounds interesting and delicious.


Love the sound of this African Stew. Going to have to try this soon!


Every time I see something made from scratch, I definitely want to try it. While I think this Ricotta Cheese from Scratch sounds nifty, not quite sure I’d go through the trouble. Bet the home-made is delicious though.

6 comments:

  1. I have 27 windows open on my laptop now. (Yes, I'm prone to exaggerate, but...)

    - That Mason-Dixon design might motivate me to knit.
    - I can't run anymore, but I do want to do some racewalking again. I'll have to see what I can find.
    - Friend of mine was demo'ing her red worm bins yesterday at Kids in the Kitchen. As I told her - in front of another friend's two toddlers - worm poop is the only poop I'd actually WANT in my garden. I might get her to deliver the supplies to me on Thursday... maybe.
    - Our hubbies are twins, but I hate fried anything that isn't fried chicken. Sigh. I suppose I COULD try it?
    -Ricotta from scratch is heaven, but I'd rather go to "Gucci Foods" as we call the upscale food store across town and just buy it from someone else who isn't so lazy. Hem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got the mitered blanket pattern too. Could not resist, especially since it's for a good cause. Your enthusiasm for cooking has infected me, and I'm cooking more than ever. Baking too. :o) Whenever we DO get take out fast food, we always realize how it does not taste good, and we always feel really bad after eating it, instead of feeling refueled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blanket! I'm looking for a baby blanket pattern!
    Not sure about the worm farm? ick? I know they are good but....
    Take care
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great Chicken Fried Steak Recipe!! I didn't care for her gravy though. Good luck on the cheese. I have to give up dairy for awhile to see if the pea is allergic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh - I do like those knitting patterns! More stuff for the queue!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ricotta is really easy to make, and really good! Definitely worth the trouble, in my mind (now if only I could eat it...). Try it...you won't be disappointed!

    ReplyDelete