Monday, August 4, 2008

Crazy UV Rays

Well, we went biking 12 miles today before he had to go to work. It was great, we did some hard hills. Now onto the silly weather, the two previous times we have gone out, it has been bright and sunny - I got tanned. Today, it was overcast, but in the 80's and I got burnt pretty badly. It sucks to have it and it looks pretty humorous, but go figure.

I didn't get a chance to work on enough of the glove that it is worth posting.

Today at art camp we painted our model vehicles, which let me tell you 5 and 6 year old(with a couple of 7 year old) make some pretty interesting colored models. The only place these would blend in is maybe a tropical rain forest, heavy on the maybe. I will try to take some pics for you guys, quite hilarious. Most of the kids this week are new, only 5 today that had been there last week. It was like a completely different world, this group was much better behaved. Rarely did I have to tell anyone to sit back down and to stop doing whatever it is they were doing. It's like today was opposite day or bizarro world. Don't get me wrong, I liked it, but it felt strange . . . not quite real. Does it feel hypocritical to say I miss some of the chaos even if it was completely draining by the end of the day? It is nice that we can focus more on the projects we are doing and less on behavioral issues, but in all honesty - the first group of kids are more like the kids I want to teach. They had such obvious personalities, most of the kids this week are so quiet, shy, and average. Some of them did kind of come out of their shells today, well see what happens tomorrow. I want to teach in an inner city type school - as far as I am concerned those are the areas that need teachers that really want to be there more than any other. I don't have a desire to be a kindergarten teacher, but I do think I want to teach the younger age range.

Well that's the end of my crazy ramblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment