Saturday, August 2, 2008

Knitscene

Well, I think the boyfriend could tell that art camp and work were tiring me out quite a bit, because he bought me the new Knitscene magazine and the new Simply Knitting magazine. Like I have said before, definitely a keeper.

So, opinions (as said before, remember these are just my opinions and I have many of them. And as always, links will always open in a new window)

Knitscene

Opulent Raglan - I think this looks nice. I like the square neck, but would probably move it up a little as that might be a little too low for me. I like the pattern and love the length of the sleeves. It looks dressy but comfy.

Ahlstrom Bodice - Definitely not a fan of this. The neck line is good, but that is pretty much all that I care for.

Michaelmas Mitts - I think these are cute, a little too girly for me and I would snag one of the many buttons way too many times. If I made them I would make them a little more snug in the palm area, I think it makes them look a little dumpy to be so baggy there.

Bordeaux Jacket - I think this is cute. Absolutely love the stitch used and think this would look good as a full length sweater. This short of a length makes chubby chicks only look chubbier, so definitely longer. I think this is something that I would highly consider making.

Riding to Avalon - I like this one, but again . . . too many buttons. I would have to alter all the buttons on the sleeves and I might leave the buttons on the collar there. The hood I would make deeper, on the model it really only looks like a hood for show and not a functional hood.

Lady's Duet - Not into the whole slouchy hat thing and the scarf pattern is okay, but eh.

Camelot Sweater - I can't figure out completely whether or not I actually like this sweater. I think this sweater would only look good on slimmer people. I like the look of the lace panels, but the design just seems to be off some how.

Reticella Vest - I actually think this is quite cute and would consider making it for myself. I love the geometric lines in it.

Abbess Pullover - This one reminds me a lot of the 80's. I think it looks like a sweater that was meant to be worn more around the house or lounging. It might be the shoulders that make it look like a girl wearing a guys sweater.

Burnished Tunic - I really like this one, or at least the main part of it. The neck is a little weird, I think I would rather have it straight across in the front, rather than that little dip. I am not really a fan of the bell sleeves on this. Otherwise, I love the texture.

Twisted Bridges - The hat is kind of interesting to me. Not a huge fan of scarf patterns as I think they aren't anything special.

Pleated Denim Purse(not shown on the online page) - It's okay, looks more like a kids purse. Plus, not really a purse person. However, made larger, it might make a nice bag.

Nubby Cardigan - I like this one. It just looks so darn comfortable. I would probably not make one as snug as hers, but a little more room. Love the pattern and the collar.

Big Thaw Pullover - I think this is a nice men's sweater. I like its simplicity and clean look. I would consider making this for the boyfriend.

Snowflake Jumper - Honestly, I think this looks tacky. It looks like something a kid should be wearing and they even have the model dressed up like she is five years old. It might look a little better if it was in such a super chunky yarn. No thanks.

Obverse Jacket - I think the jacket is simple and nice. I would not use the belt and would make the sleeves straight down and not ribbed at the cuffs like that. I like its diagonal look.

Double Cap - it looks like a cats head, maybe if you were five and wore pigtails so you needed the extra room.

Wednesday Hat - No.

Big Ivy Scarf - I do like the patterns used in this one.

Nederland Vest - I like this. Simple lines with a nice pattern around it. I would wear this, in fact I am sure one of these will be made in the future.

Dirndl Raglan - I like this sweater. I like the neck line. I like the raglan look and I even like the lace pattern. I would choose different colors though.

Kodiak Bag - again, looks like a little kids item.

Spontaneity Vest - I like the color work on here, but not the free-form embroidery. I am a fan of vests though!

Kaftan Dress - I like the look of this, but not something I would ever wear. I like the stitch used on the sleeves. Not a fan of the inverted V under the breasts.

Brocade Leaves Pullover - I don't understand exactly why, but I really like this sweater. Maybe it's because the leaves remind me of cables. I would definitely wear this.

Matryoshka Stole - I like the look of this in it looks warm, but I wouldn't knit something like this. At this time I have no interest in knitting with beads and I myself wouldn't actually wear it.

Inari Skirt - I have to admit, this does look comfy. I don't get the red and green Christmas look, but whatever. If I thought I could pull it off, I might wear it.

Kimono Socks - I think these are adorable. Simplistic, but so creative.

Red Rings Pullover - I like the top stitch, but not a fan of the rings. I don't think they would look good on me. They don't look like a slimming pattern.

Himalayan Vest - I think this is cute and would be fun to make. I think I would wear it too. I have to mention I might be more drawn to it since the magazine one is in orange!

Canopy Cardigan - I am not a fan of the neck line. I don't like it when things always feel like the are slipping off my shoulders, whether they are or not. It's not bad, just not for me.

That's all for that magazine!

No comments:

Post a Comment