Saturday, November 27, 2010

Bakers Dozen Square - November

Yarn: Schoeller + Stahl's BIG (It took about 1.3 skeins)
Color: Tan 7820
Care: Machine washable
Content: 100% Superwash Wool
Needles: US 4 / 3.5mm
Pattern: 24.19 in the The Harmony Guides Vol 5
Gauge: Pre-blocking the finished piece was 4.5" x 11" - This stitch has great stretch width-wise.



I originally was going to chart my own. I flipped through some stitch dictionaries for inspiration. When I saw this pattern I fell in love with it and decided I had to do it. Still really love it and think I may put this stitch pattern into the blue socks I am making myself. The stitch is super stretchy and forgiving.

The square freshly off the needles. Isn't the texture just absolutely delicious!
Photobucket


Photobucket

Off it went to take a bath.
Photobucket

It blocked out beautifully and I fell even more in love with the pattern.
Photobucket


Photobucket

To make it a 12" square and add stability to the square I did double crochet stitches on the sides.
Photobucket

And single crochet stitches on the top and bottom.
Photobucket

Off for another bath.
Photobucket

After the second blocking.
Photobucket

This square, as so many others was hard to part with.
Photobucket


Photobucket



I so extremely love this stitch that I am using for the blue socks I am knitting. So much for just a simple pair of socks. They are going to be perfect though.

2 comments: