Monday, November 1, 2010

Bowknit Bag FO Post

There are a few projects that I realized I forgot to actually make Finish Object Posts for them, so there will be a few this week that have been finished recently.

I made my strap shorter by a lot, but this is how I prefer my straps.
Photobucket

The I-Cord bind off stitched to the bag opening.
Photobucket

The back.
Photobucket

This was the first button hole I've knitted. I definitely need some practice, but I think I did okay for my first time! :)
Photobucket

I have a green button that matched this almost exactly, but I really liked the way the dark navy button really popped against the fabric.
Photobucket



Pattern: Bowknit Bag
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft
Color: Sage
Content: 100% acrylic
Care: machine wash and dry
Needles: US 3 / 3.25mm

Overall, I enjoyed knitting this. Just complicated enough to keep your attention. I learned how to I-Cord bind off, which is tedious, but I love the look of it. I also learned how to do a button hole.

4 comments:

  1. walden bag is beautiful and pleasing colour

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the contrasting button. I too like the icord BO, but it is a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That came out great! I like the stitch pattern a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey this looks great! I just broke down and bought a new purse!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete