Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Mono-Printing

Well, my mono-prints are a bit late. I really enjoyed making these samples. I learned a few things and I am definitely using this technique in my final for the printing section. Here are my samples:


Not much to say about this one, just trying stuff out. Don't particularly care for it, but it's not too ugly. Kind of like the boxes.



I like parts of this one. The yellow and green Asian looking mountain image is nice. I like how the ink is a little unpredictable in the way it will spread out. I also like the green "snakes in the grass" one, such a nice pattern contrast between straight grain back ground and the swirls.



This one was the first one I did and my favorite out of them. I really like the black and pink one.



On this one, I first ironed on stencils and then did a mono-print over the top of it. Not sure I really care for it, it might be better with more layering.


No comments:

Post a Comment