Saturday, October 4, 2008

Stitch My Square

My September Stitch My Square:










Yarn: Jiffy
Colors: Grape, and a green and yellow that I don't know the "real" names to because I lost the ball bands quite some time ago.
Content: 100% acrylic
Needles: 3.5mm
Gauge: 5st per inch
Pattern: Soft Curves stitch pattern on page 190 of the Big Book of Knitting Stitch Patterns.
Blocking: has not been blocked at all


Thoughts: I actually liked this one so much, I didn't really want to give it away. Horrible, huh? I like the way the stripes look, although the stitch pattern is a little hidden in the dark of the purple. I was a little concerned in the beginning that as a lace stitch it wouldn't show up well in the Jiffy, but it worked well. I actually think this stitch would look good in a top, maybe as an accent ribbing on the bottom of the body and sleeves, but I think it could look good as a main stitch, maybe along with a cable or two in between the repeats. In a smaller needle though, I think it would help it look more delicate.

No comments:

Post a Comment