Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The young rarely do as they are told

Ah, I mentioned Monday that I had started the September Mock Sockdown in the Sock Knitter Anonymous group.


Photobucket


To use my yarn, gauge, and for it to fit me, my socks have 98 stitches per round.

Yarn : Beehive Scotch Fingering
Color : Beige/Natural with a bit of tweed
Needles : US 00

This evidently was a bit of a last straw for my body. I have been mentioning a lull in knitting due to natural ebb and flow of crafting. I have been trying to push this away, but my body agreed with the ebb and flow because I seemed to have annoyed my shoulder again with a little too much crafting lately. I have annoyed my shoulder a couple times before. I am going to give it the light duty, advil, and ice pack it wants. This means little crafting this week.

So I will probably have my Interweave Crochet Fall 2010 Review up tomorrow, since this involves little from my shoulder as long as I use good posture at the computer.

6 comments:

  1. Take care of yourself. Otherwise, if you push it, the shoulder will come apart on you at a most oinopportune moment. Speaking from experience......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be well... I thought of you last night and snagged a copy of Knitscene...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the shoulder. :( Hope you are feeling much better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be careful with the shoulder. If you don't feel like moving it for a few days, get it looked at! Trust me - you DON'T want to deal with frozen shoulder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, dear. It's awful to have to stop when you aren't ready, but it's worth it to rest when you need it. I pulled my back two weeks ago, and so I have very current experience with how frustrating it is to be unexpectedly out of commission. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't push beyond what your body can do! Relax and take a break!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete