Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Very Long Day

I want to thank everyone who said such kind words. It does help. I will try to get back to each of you.

Not much of a real post today. It was a long day waiting to see how my mom would be. They opened her throat up and took out a bunch of growths and her thyroid. On the positive side, she is doing well, nothing went wrong during the surgery, and the didn't nick her vocal cords so she can still talk. Overall, very successful. We do have to wait to find out if the growths were cancerous or not. On the down side, she is in a lot of pain and she's having to learn to swallow and cough all over again.

So today was a success. My mom is doing good and I am very glad she is around to annoy me for many more years to come. :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad your mom is doing well. And that she will be around to "annoy" you. That's her job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thoughts and prayers headed to you and your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Warm hugs for your mom. I had thyroid surgery years ago and it was the most painful thing I had ever been through. I would much rather give birth to 3 kids (even at one time).

    Hope she is feeling well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! I'm so behind in my blogs I missed this!
    Sending healing energy now... so the recovery can be easier ... even if I missed the surgery window.
    Hope YOU'RE doing as well as she is.

    ReplyDelete