Thursday, January 29, 2009

Donate Life

That is what the little green band that they gave me after I donated blood yesterday says. I have donated blood off and on since I was in high school, I never really had problems with it until I moved to Buffalo. There are two different places that come to the school for blood donations, the Red Cross and then one of the blood banks around here. I have had iffy treatment, unfortunately from both of these places, and in all honesty, this was the first time I actually thought "If this goes badly again, I'm not going to do this anymore". Horrible, huh? But it is true.

Customer Service, bed side manner, whatever you want to call it, it's all really the same thing . . . being nice to those you are serving/helping, it's highly lacking in general. Sometimes it is nice when I go, the people are pleasant, they don't bruise my arm up like I am a battered wife. Other times they talk to me as little as possible, as if I am some inconvenience to them and instead of pulling out the needle to try again to get the vein they just wiggle it around until they hit a vein which causes the whole inside of my elbow to bruise up. Why is it so hard for people to just be nice? When you work with the public in any way, shape, or form, they should never just be treated like cattle. I know this, I have worked with the public since I was a teenager.

All in all, I had a wonderful lady who was very nice and did her job very well. So, I will give blood when the blood bank comes again.

I find it humorous and even sad that they felt they needed to reassure me as to the "type" of people who would be receiving my blood. I am O+, which is universal and they love that blood. Twice I was "reassured" by workers that O+ blood goes to babies, so they don't have to be concerned with not having the right type of blood on hand. Which is nice, I will admit, but as I told them . . . I don't care who my blood goes to as I would assume if someone is receiving a blood transplant, then it is someone who needs it, period.

So, anyways, I know I promised pictures of my loom issues, but I forgot to charge my camera battery again . . . I know, I know . . . so I will take some pictures tomorrow after I get out of work. I am also having further "issues" with the yarn I dyed, but we shall discuss that tomorrow when they are dry so I can take some pictures. See you all then.

No comments:

Post a Comment