Monday, April 16, 2012

Comforted by Pi

Ah, about a year and a half ago, I started my Shetland Pi Shawl. I stopped knitting on it when the rows became so long it took an hour to only do a couple of rows. I just felt like I was getting no where. Well all old project are either getting frogged or finished so for the last few weeks I have been working a row or two each night on this before I went to bed. I ran out of yarn to do it correct. The fourth section only has four repeats instead of 6 and I was only able to do about 6 rows of the edging before I had to bind off or order another skein.

I forgot to take a picture before it started soaking, but here it is soaking in conditioner:





Photobucket


Photobucket

Then blocking, as you can see I didn't have anywhere large enough to block it out.  So I had to make do with only blocking the middle section out and letting the rest just be stretched a little while it dried.  Maybe one day when I have carpets I will block it out to its full potential.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

So it's not quite even, but isn't it lovely?  It reminds me of those giant jawbreakers they had in the early/mid 90's that were the size of baseballs and you stupidly licked them until your tongue bled.
Photobucket


Photobucket

  Ignoremy red face and disheveled look.  The shawl drapes nicely.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket




Yarn: Kauni (2 Skeins)
Color: Rainbow
Content: 100% Wool
Care: Hand Wash and Lay Flat
Needless: US 6 / 4mm
Pattern: Shetland Pi Shawl


I love how it turned out. The hubby thinks it's too bright, but I love it and will probably take it to work to wear when it gets a little chilly there.

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I love it... and it does remind me of a jawbreaker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look like a jaw breaker... Very pretty and very bright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! The colors are great. They /are/ bright, but how could a rainbow not be bright? The transitions really do a nice job of showing off the lace pattern, too.

    ReplyDelete