Saturday, April 28, 2012

Pesto Eggplant Rollatine


So I finally tried the Pesto Eggplant Rollatine from Perry's Plate.


I forgot to take a picture before I started dishing up the husband's part for his lunch.



Here is a pic of the rest of it in the dish, I sprinkled some extra garlic on the top. DSC04883

Here is a picture of the husband's portion.

DSC04889



DSC04888


Honestly, I didn't know how this would go. We both like eggplant for the most part. I am here and there on spinach, but love pesto. The husband is here and there on pesto, but loves spinach. Overall, we both really liked it! I would probably put in more spinach and a little more pesto into each roll, but they were quite delicious.

I will admit that because I only purchased one eggplant, I did slice mine thinner than the recipe calls for, I slice about 1/3 of an inch. I wouldn't recommend this thin or thinner as making the rolls then becomes very difficult as the eggplant is too thin to stay in one pieces. I will probably slice them 1/2 thick next time and will try to get a longer/taller eggplant.

Stars : ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

3 comments:

  1. Glad you liked it. Does the pesto taste shine through. We aren't pesto people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really good. Yum! Glad you could compromise on the tastes to end up with something you really like. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow. I love all the ingredients. I'll have to make it one night when the Knight isn't going to be home for dinner. Would it freeze well (enough)?

    ReplyDelete