Tuesday, January 8, 2008

First Basket 6/14/07

So many new posts to make, I have been slacking on posting here. Since most of the stuff is very different crafts, each new thing is going to be a separate post tonight. First off we have basket weaving. I have gotten a few books from the used book stores and have been attempting to learn basket weaving.

I made a tiny basket just to try it out and see if I could make it look like an actual basket. It actually looks like a basket so I am very pleased. I have started on my second basket, but that is quite a bit more complex, since I don't want to jinx it, pictures will have to wait until it is complete.


As always, click on the thumbnails to see a larger picture.



Side View



Top View



Angled View


Basket was made with hemp rope. The coiling part was a thick one and the one used to sew each round to the previous is a much thinner and less scratchy hemp rope/thread. All was purchased at Wal*Mart in the jewelry section.

Definitely going to be an addicting craft.

No comments:

Post a Comment