Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Frog Mosaic 8/21/07

I got this wonderful book at a used book store called: Plaster Mosaics by Kristin Peck. Very interesting, far less tools than real mosaics, but hers look just as good if not better. So I thought I would give it a try for my mother's birthday.











He was made using a regular 4x6 picture frame. The glass is not in it as it will not fit with the mosaic on the backing. I picked a frog to sketch out to fit in the frame and them proceeded with my mosaic. Figured out that I need a few finer clay/carving tools than I have. I could have made it a little less spacey around the frog, but I like it and more importantly my mother does. I didn't have to go out and buy anything except the frame and some cups for mixing. Not to mention that it was just fun, definitely going to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment