Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Dresses 4/27/06

Back in March I made some dresses for my mother, she needed lighter dresses for summer. Any constructive criticism is welcome. I did not take the pictures, as she lives on the other side of the united states. She's a little photo shy, which is why you will not see her head in any of them. My mother also picked out all of the material she wanted for each dress.


The first one is Simplicity 4649. All of the seams inside are french seams because the slinky material my mother picked out frayed like crazy. Overall, fun to make, but a bit of a pain since I had to pin it like crazy to get it to not shift on me.









This next one is McCalls 4748c. I enjoyed making this one, except for the fact that I had no zipper foot and it took me about 3 hours to hand sew the 22" zipper. Needless to say, this made me go out and buy a zipper foot. *smile* I love the neckline on this one though. Tempted to make one for myself. As you can see it's a bit big on her waist, next time i will keep in mind that the pattern for the waist has too much ease in it.








This last one is Simplicity 5189e with sleeves of d. This was the easiest out of all three to make and oddly enough, seems the one that fits her the best.






No comments:

Post a Comment