Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Granny Square Blanket 1/8/07

I made my mother a Granny Square Blanket with a crochet flower pattern that I got from an old book of Prize Winning Granny Squares. It took a lot longer to make than I thought and I am definately not making anymore flowers for quite some time to come. It is made from Red Heart Yarn. I used light blue, mint green, purple, and a deep red with a background of black. Only used one skein of each color for the flowers, but used about six or seven skeins of black. There are one hundred squares in the blanket.





Here is a large view of the blanket. Click to make each thumbnail larger.





A close-up of the black back detail.





Flower detail.

All in all, it was fun to make and was something I had never made before and my largest project. It measured approximately 77inches by 63inches. It was heavier than I thought it would be, but my mother loves it and that is the most important part.

No comments:

Post a Comment