Friday, January 28, 2011

Food Friday - King Arthur Gluten Free Muffins

Loved these! The muffin is nice and fluffy. This light and fluffiness leads to the small problem of fruit sinking to the bottom though. Still delicious though.


Photobucket

Cherry Flavored Craisins.
Photobucket


The muffins done. Very lovely and brown.
Photobucket

As you can see though, the fruit all sank to the bottom of the mix. This made the bottoms stick to the pan also.
Photobucket

Here is a close-up, the muffin is upside down.
Photobucket



Overall, honestly, the mix is a little expensive. Not something I would buy too often. But when you do, it is definitely worth it. As I said before, lovely, soft, and tasty. I bought some dried cherries to put in a batch this weekend. I am going to be VERY patient, which is not much like me, and chop the dried cherries into smaller pieces in hopes they won't sink again.

I immediately thought these muffins would make a wonderful cake . . . they don't. The mix is called muffin mix and that is what it is meant to be, trust me. It's an odd mixture of over-cooked, under-cooked, and volcanic activity. I had to clean the oven. An experiment worth trying, but learn from my mistake, just enjoy the muffins as muffins! :)

2 comments:

  1. Good deal! Next time you make them try dusting the fruit with the dry powder mix before putting them in the wet mixture. Sometimes it keeps them from sinking to the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look good! I was going to suggest the same thing as Casper...I have no idea why it works, but it seems to. It's always nice to find something where "light and fluffy" meets gluten free. =)

    ReplyDelete