Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Pay It Forward 2011

Monika had a very good point in her comment on Sunday's post about the Pay It Forward. I will agree that honestly, to Pay It Forward to five more people is a big obligation and potentially a burden. I wasn't happy with that number when I posted it, but that's how the circle had been going. Paying It Forward is suppose to be positive, not negative. It's suppose to be a joy of giving, helping, etc.

So the Pay It Forward is still going to happen, but differently. The first five people to leave a comment on this post will receive something handmade from me in 2011. However, I only ask that you Pay It Forward to one other person and in your own way. It doesn't have to be something handmade and it doesn't have to be through your blog. Maybe you help the customer in front of you who is a little short on change, give up your choice parking spot to someone else, etc.

This is a little closer to how things should be and that giving and helping others should be a joy.

7 comments:

  1. I'm happy to pay it forward. I hope there will be others who will be inspired by your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. You and Monika are quite wise! However, in the truest spirit of the concept, please don't count me as one of the five. I've received several goodies from you, and someone else might need/want some special kindness too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a wonderful way to do it. Count me in, however I will Pay It Forward to as many as I can, it's part of life :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to do this, I am in, however will Pay It Forward to as many as possible, it's a way of life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm..I agree about the burden part,probably that's the reason very few join in.

    Belated New year wishes,Jodi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful idea. It does feel good to pay it forward and honestly - I'd never seen 5 before - ouch! But - I'll follow through. :) g

    ReplyDelete