Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday Inspirations

First off, an apology, sorry I wasn't around here much this previous week. I pulled something in my back lifting incorrectly on Monday. I felt moderately okay standing or laying down, but sitting in a chair was anything but comfortable. Since my job is to sit in a chair at a computer most of the day, I did not want to come home and sit in a chair! Back is pretty much back to normal, so I am back! :) Onto the Inspirations:


I am a super fan of bags like this Bucket Bag. I haven’t made one yet, but I think this year will involve more sewing. I love that they have a closure at tops as this is a must for any bag I carry.


Love the look of this Baby Hat. I just wish the pattern had gauge listed. That is my pet peeve with patterns, because my gauge is so often very different from other peoples.


This Micro-Preemie Hat is a wonderful idea. I will look for some kids socks to do this.


Recipes I’d like to try:

I love the way these Enchiladas start out. The frying and then immediately putting them in sauce before you roll them sounds interesting and like it will work better. Gotta try it!


This Feijoada Brazilian Black Bean Stew looks really good, especially over the rice. There are a lot of different meats in it, but honestly, now that I don’t eat gluten, I find I crave protein more.


These Dumplings look good. Still a little weary of gluten free pasta products, but anything is worth trying once.

The husband would probably love this Chocolate Peanut Spread after all, he loves Nutella. The problem is, I don’t know if our food processor could handle nuts.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better. The Knight pulled a muscle in his ribcage yesterday... at least that's what he insists it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your back is O.K. again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The micro preemie hat post - I was looking at that last night and it just broke my heart! Poor little thing! On a food note I made enchiladas tonight. Not like above as I prefer flour tortillas but they were still super yummy. However, my heartburn didn't agree with me on that! Hope you have a better week this week. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete