Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Birth and Reincarnation

First the birth . . . well, not quite a birth, but a beginning, the Falling Leaves yarn that I created is knitting up into a glove, but first, according to the WPI, it is dead center for DK weight. So a smidge thicker than I thought, but not quite a worsted weight. The only annoyance I have with the yarn is that since it was plied twice, the last twist goes clockwise (Z twist) so it somewhat unwinds while I am knitting. Here it is rolled in a ball:






And here is the beginning of the first glove. Now, don't get me wrong, I understand that it looks a little like something that came flying out of the 60's/70's, with all their wonderful color combinations, but in all honesty . . . I really love how it is turning out. I will most likely wear these gloves until they fall apart. The cuff is done in black wool, as I fear there is not enough of the spun yarn for two fingerless gloves, but I think it goes well and actually tones down the color some.






Lastly, reincarnation . . . the Cascade 220 is being reincarnated from a cowl, into an Elefante by Susan B. Anderson. He is an adorable little guy, but mine will be solid and is still in progress:






Fitness Update:
Tuesday: Jillian Micheal's 30 Day Shred - 20 minutes at Level 2 and boy did it kick my butt and I am sore. I did not exercise yesterday because I felt like blah and kept telling myself I just needed to rest, to sleep, to whatever (sometimes more than not we can be our own worst enemies) and this morning I woke up and knew that if nothing else, I definitely should have exercised yesterday. So I not only exercised today, but pushed myself by doing level two. It is hard, but not too hard . . . only I probably won't be doing it again, it has a great deal of exercising that has you in a push up type position and with my bad wrists, that is a big no no and my wrists will hurt for days (yes, they are sore now and not in a good way), so I will be looking for another to do tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. He's adorable, I can't wait to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems everybody is knitting up those cute elephants! But I can understand ... they are really really cute.

    ReplyDelete