Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The hills are alive with music . . .

Ah, to say I feel much better today would almost be a understatement. I got plenty of sleep and more importantly, good sleep. Almost feeling like I could take on the world today . . . so what did I do with this wonderful energy? Why of course I learned a new technique. I have begun my first toe-up sock!




I know this may not be much to some, but I have never done a toe-up sock and felt it was time I learned. I used Knitty's references on doing a toe-up sock. I used the short row technique, but used a provisional cast-on. Overall, I am feeling very good about these socks so far. I haven't decided whether I want to do a patterned sock or not, especially since it's in such a dark color. But of course they are for me! :) I never thought I would be someone who likes hand knit socks, I only own two pairs but I wear them constantly, so of course, I need many more socks this year. I truly think they feel better than store bought socks.

* * * * * * *

Here are the two headbands of Rhoni's I have finished . . . yes, the ends are not woven in yet. Don't worry, her birthday isn't until the beginning of February, I think I'll finish them all in time. I will probably put more scarf time in tonight too.






I was going to take a picture of my new haircut, but that is going to have to wait for another day . . . not exactly feeling very photogenic today. I have a lot of respect for those people who do the 365 self portraits. Maybe I'll try that next year.

Unfortunately, the boy's jury duty may last longer than first thought. The trial was suppose to be over by Friday, supposedly that included time for deliberation. However, they were sent home after only a short time today because the lawyers and judge couldn't agree on some legal stuff, so now it looks like it'll run into at least Monday. Poor guy. :)

Wii Update:
*edited to add: I did get a perfect center of balance today on the body test! Very happy about that!
Wednesday: 47 minutes (very proud of myself, I focused a lot on strength training and yoga. I know I am going to feel it tomorrow, but it's worth it.) I need to work on breathing evenly and consistently while doing the strength training.

No comments:

Post a Comment