Monday, August 23, 2010

Bakers Dozen Square - August #2

Sorry, no video blog/podcast today. I am having some serious sinus migraine issues! I will record tomorrow though, hopefully! ☺ Until then, the second Bakers Dozen Square.


Photobucket




Here is the initial square, before the trim was added.
Photobucket

Detail shot of the middle.
Photobucket

Reblocking with crochet trim.
Photobucket





Yarn
: TLC Cotton Plus
Color : Lavender
Content : 51% Cotton/ 49% Acrylic
Care : Machine Wash and Dry
Needles : US 5 knitting needles and size E (3.5mm) crochet hook
Pattern : Top of page 120 in Beautiful Knitting Patterns and simple double crochet trim

Overall : I like this yarn, but it is a little splitty. Would use it again. Love how the pattern turned out, it looks great with the lace. Knitted the center piece and blocked it. I knew I would need a trim, but needed to know how far the center would block out first. I almost always use a K1P1 bind off, which makes it easy to pick up stitches for connecting pieces or adding more. The cable made it block out a little less than I expected, still love it though.

This is definitely one of the reasons why I love these types of groups. It gives me a reason to essentially swatch things that I may not take the time to do for myself. It's helping me learn more about yarns and stitch patterns. So glad I joined this group.

3 comments:

  1. I think I've used that yarn before with the same verdict. Another stunning square.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watching all these squares emerge! I think you're right about the swatching, too...definitely an advantage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good with the trim!
    Good choice
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete