Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Post of His Own

From the moment he had eyes, Elijah demanded his own post. Being on the video blogging/video podcast wasn't enough. He kept reminding me how long I took to finish him, he was special and deserved special attention. I tried to explain to him that all finished projects get their own post, but he was too busy hearing himself talk to listen to me. So we will just pretend that he is getting something extra special. After all, you know how elephants can be.


He's fairly sure he's ready to take on the world.
Photobucket

He wanted you to see that he is cute from many angles.
Photobucket


Photobucket

He's not so much a fan of this picture as he doesn't think it compliments his trunk as a picture should.
Photobucket



Yarn : Red Heart
Color : Pale Blue
Content : 100% Acrylic
Care : Machine Wash and Dry
Needles : US 3
Pattern : Elijah by Ysolda

Overall : He took a lot longer than expected, just because I kept putting him off. He's adorable and I am glad I tried to do Ysolda's ears instead of modifying them again. I like the eyes better this time, all I did was do some duplicate stitching. He's going to be saved away for Garren's Christmas present . . . along with the giraffe that I will finish.

6 comments:

  1. He is so cute. Thanks for commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sure is cute!! What a special gift...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you know an elephant never forgets, so it's good to start off on the right foot. He's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He turned out so cute! He does deserve a post all of his own, I'm glad he got it!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete