Sunday, August 29, 2010

Seeing Green . . .

I'm not one who pays a whole lot of attention to the color I am wearing or knitting. It all goes by mood, so imagine my surprise the other day when I was waiting for the car to get fixed and realize I had a green sweater on, a green purse with me, and two green knitting projects inside the purse. It was all just a little over kill of green for me!


One of those green projects is my September Baker's Dozen Square:

BD September


BD September


Yarn : Stitch Nation's Alpaca Love
Color : Fern and Dusk
Content : 80% wool / 20% alpaca
Care : Hand wash and lay flat to dry
Needles : US 5 / 3.75mm
Pattern : Top of Page 96 in Beautiful Knitting Patterns by Gisela Klopper

So far : I am completely love the Alpaca Love yarn! The Member of the Month (MoM) for September wanted purple, green, or a combo of both and preferred a wool blend. Since I didn't have any of these in a worsted or bulky weight like she preferred I decided to try a new yarn. Love the way it feels and the way it is knitting up.


Next is my yoga socks. I have decided to give in, my feet often get cold and I have been doing more yoga and tai-chi. So I figured this would help. I am making my own pattern using a cabling stitch in Charted Knitting Designs : A Third Treasury of Knitting Patterns by Barbara G. Walker, called the Wrought Iron Panel I, which is on page 46.


Yoga Socks



Yarn : Serenity Garden Yarn
Color : Grass
Content : 100% Micro fiber
Care : Machine wash and dry
Needles : US 1 / 2.25mm
Pattern : Charted Knitting Designs : A Third Treasury of Knitting Patterns by Barbara G. Walker, called the Wrought Iron Panel I, which is on page 46.

So far : liking the yarn and the cable.

5 comments:

  1. I'm just getting caught up with what you are doing and your starting more!
    Love the socks with the cables! And green is one of my favorite colors
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, green is my favorite color, followed by orange. I like your socks already. The stitch pattern for the square looks quite interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting stitches. I especially like the bottom one. Thanks for commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love 'em! But I'm rather fond of green too. My new project I just cast on is green too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh,I love that green...beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete