Thursday, August 12, 2010

Like I need another hole in my head . . .

I need to cast on for another project like I need another hole in my head. Wendy of Wendy Knits is having a KAL for a Shetland Pi Shawl. I did a good job at distancing myself, after all, I am already working on a bunch of things right now. But then she posted the info for the swatch and it looked so easy. I told myself I would do the swatch and it would only prove to me that I wasn't meant to do this KAL. Yeah . . . sure . . . okay.

Yarn: Kauni
Color : Rainbow
Content: 100% Wool
Needles : US6 / 4mm
Gauge for Lace Panel Before Blocking : 3.25in/8.25cm wide and 2.5in/6.5cm tall
Gauge for Lace Panel After Blocking : 4.625in/11.5cm wide and 3.75in/9.75 tall

The swatch fresh off the needles, before washing and blocking.
Photobucket

A nice soak with a little soap.
Photobucket

All pinned out nice a perty!
Photobucket


Photobucket

All dry and off the needles . . . isn't it lovely. I love the feel of the yarn and the drape is wonderful.
Photobucket




So yeah, I swatched and now I can't wait until Sunday when Wendy posts the first part of the Shetland Pi KAL! What have a done to myself. Guess I need to work on finishing some things up before then, huh?!?

9 comments:

  1. Lovely! (Knitting is so amazing to me... I never had the knack for it and really admire people who can do it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, that sure is pretty. It's always so magical to see what blocking does to lace. If your swatch is that gorgeous, your shawl is going to be incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! So this is what blocking is all about. I have always wondered how to do it,especially when I read it in other crochet and knitting blogs. Thanks for showing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel I have been sucked into the KAL. Your post was just too much to resist! Off to find my yarn and swatch, swatch, swatch away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait! I've been skipping her blog because of that no internet at home mess... Is it too late to sign up? I'm guessing I have something in my stash, and if not, a friend (and yarn shop owner) is having a sale...

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...and cyber click got me. I've just finally gotten back to your blog from following all of the lovely links for the Pi Shawl. I may be in trouble...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! Enjoy the knit along. g

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is nice! I really like it, now I'm going to have to check out her KAL!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  9. Riight...like you can stop at just one little taste! Looks lovely, though. =)

    ReplyDelete