Okay, my very first attempt at dyeing would be considered somewhat of a failure if you take into the account of what was the intended outcome vs the actual outcome. I used yarn from my second attempt at plying my spun yarn. In a pot of water, I used orange, red, and purple kool-aid. On the unfortunate side, it all kind of merged together . . . on the positive side though, it turned into the prettiest rust orange. I am an extreme fan of the color orange. Sad part is, I doubt I could replicate this no matter how hard I tried.
My next attempt involved roving, this is due to the fact that I was so psyched about the dyeing process and didn't have anything else to dye. So, on with the roving . . . it didn't absorb the kool-aid dye as well as it should have, because I was a little impatient and didn't soak the roving for as long as I should have . . . oh well, next time. Oh yes, I gave them all little names. *smile*
Raspberry Lemon Ice
And lastly, my mother sent me a Louet sock dyeing kit of blues. I didn't do it with stripes, instead I wanted it to have a marbled look. This was based on the fact that the dyes themselves looked like the colors were quite different shades of blue. So I made them a marbled look type instead. I didn't want stripey sock . . . just not that kind of gal. Thought the colors would be a tad more distinct, but love them anyways.
All in all . . . absolutely love this dyeing. I am going to have my mother or sister send me some kool-aid since where I currently am at I can only seem to find lemonade, cherry, orange, and grape. No greens, purples . . . *sad*.