Tuesday, January 8, 2008

White Corset 5/25/06

I just finished a white corset for my mother. Any constructive criticism is welcome. This is my fifth corset.


It is simple and white, for she wanted it to wear under her clothing. It is made exactly to her measurements without reduction. She just wanted something to help with her posture at the sewing machine. I put a zipper in the front as I thought that would be the least visible underneath other clothing. The inside is a silky slip type of material, the inside layer is duck (the boning channels are attatched to the inside layer and they are also made of duck), and the outside layer is a plain white cotton. If I remember correctly there are 8 pieces of 1/2inch boning and 10 pieces of 1/4inch boning.





Here is the corset front.




Here is a very blurry picture of the zipper, sorry.




This is a trim I added to the top because I wanted it not to be too simple.




Here is the little frog I embroidered on the inside. It has two reasons, my mother loves frogs and I must have stuck my finger and bled a little and I didn't notice it until I was all finished, so I had to cover it up.




The inside of the corset, spread out.




and last, the outside of the corset spread out.

No comments:

Post a Comment