Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Beth's Corset 10/12/06


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Here is a hot pink, shiny corset I made for a girl that I work with. It has one layer of fashion fabric and two layers of black duck, there is twelve pieces of half inch boning. You can't see the boning from the outside pictures as there are in channels on the inner lining of the duck, I thought this one looked better without the actual channels showing through the fashion fabric as it wrinkled so easily for me. Will probably use an interfacing if I use this kind of fabric again. All of the fabric was chosen by her except for the duck, which was something I already had on hand. The top bra cups are one layer fashion fabric, one layer black duck, and one layer white cotton. These have no boning in them. She wanted the straps to be adjustable, so I figured I would also make the clasps the same clasps that are on overalls so they can be straight over the should straps or criss-cross in the back.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Here is also a picture from the side.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




This lingerie top below was something she already owned and she wanted the corset I made for her to have a similar look.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




The corset pattern was my design, made from her measurements. This corset has a 40' waist and will give her a 4-5 inch reduction since she does not want a gap in the back. Only the waist is taken in, not the underbust or hips. She has agreed to take pictures of herself once she gets it. So soon you will be able to see it on a real person.

No comments:

Post a Comment