Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Of Mice and Birds 7/14/07

Next is a couple pictures of Sir Reginald Fizzlebottom. He is now considered a pet, but technically he is an invader. He lives in the bottom drawer of our stove (which should tell you how often I actually cook). However he does venture into different parts of the apartment. He is a spoiled rotten little mouse. We now must sleep with the bedroom door open otherwise he will scratch at the door to get in or out of the bedroom at night. He will admit that his weaknesses include tater tots and trail mix. He doesn't mind getting a few muffin or cookie pieces every now and then also. He has many adventures and maybe one day I will post some of the stories I have made about him.

Without further ado,
As always, you can click on the thumbnails to see a larger picture.

Here he is seen under one of the burners on top of the stove. He climbs through the inside of the stove to get up there, here he is getting ready to climb out and steal a tater tot on a baking sheet above. He thinks he is much sneakier than he actually is. Since we have no intent to harm him, he is actually quite foolish in his adventures and we often see him about.

And now on to the birds, at the store I worked at we have birds that fly inside the store and nest, they are also outside the store in the garden center area. For those who are freaking out right now, don't worry, they have plenty to eat, as they break open the bags of bird seed at night and eat it, they also tear our plants to shreds. Any who, a bird had nested in some piping that we sell outside. When an employee got some down for a customer, the nest came tumbling out of the pipe and fell to the ground. Luckily, none of the little birds were hurt, but a couple did fall out of the nest after it hit ground. The mother was no where to be found and if left there, they would be ran over by carts. So I picked them up and put them back in the nest and put there nest into a box. There was no way to put the nest back up where it had been now that the pipe was gone and to put it in a different pipe was basically dooming them to the exact same fate they had just experienced. So they sat in their little box until I got off work. I got a heating pad after work and stayed up with them all night until I could bring them into Cornell Vet School in the morning, they have a special bird section and all. Happy ending, but a little scary for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment