Tuesday, January 8, 2008

My Blanket 7/14/07

This blanket quite literally took too long to make. I would work on it for a while, then put it away for a while, and again the vicious cycle would start over again. In all honesty I finished the first half of it pretty quickly, but that it when it became a size that was not easy to work on unless it was at home and spread out and I grow tiresome of things that are so large, which is why I prefer granny squares! But any how, this blanket was started about three years ago when I first started taking up crocheting again after a long time of not doing it. Other crafts and it size got in the way of it being finished in a timely manner.

As always, click on the thumbnails to see a larger picture.




Here it is, spread out on a bed that is suppose to be between a queen and a king size. So it is a nice size blanket. It is made out of a tan, mint green, and dark green in Red Heart. The pattern was taken off of the back of one of the Red Heart labels. I deviated only slightly from the pattern as I didn't want it to be one color so I added and extra row before starting the next section so they would all look the same.











A few close-ups for detail. The last one is a little dark, but shows the texture better. A nice blanket and one I will probably never part with, seeing as we spent so much time together just in its making.

No comments:

Post a Comment