Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Squares 1/8/07

This was my first time doing the exchange. I enjoyed it for two reasons. It's always nice to see what other people make, but more importantly for me I got to try out different patterns. Both of the squares I made were knitted because I just started knitting in November. I like to try things that will test my new abilities.

Click on each thumbnail to see a larger picture.








This is the first square I made. The first picture is truest to color, while the second picture shows off the pattern better. I used Caron Simply Soft, Dark Pink, 100% acrylic. It was knitted with a pattern from the knit and purl variation section of the book, Beautiful Knitting Patterns by Gisela Klopper . . . page 20, in the middle of the page. ( I made an error on the book name when I sent the square out.)








This is the second square I made. The first picture shows off the pattern better, but the second one is truer to color. I used King Tut, Green, 100% cotton. It was knitted with a pattern from the book Big Book of Knitting Stitch Patterns by Sterling Publishing Co., the pattern is called Row of Jewels on page 14.





This is the square I received from Cimorenegal, made from Caron Simply Soft. A crochet granny square.





This is the square I received from Monkiechunk, made from Red Heart SS in Spring Green and Amethyst. Granny square in DC.

I love both of the squares. I thought it was rather humorous that they both did the same pattern, but then it just shows how different the same pattern can look. Overall, I will definitely be doing the Stitch My Square trade again and hopefully for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment