Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Teal Lace Scarf 5/14/08

This scarf was made for a teacher that I work with. She was very nice to me all year and was humorous to have around. So I felt compelled to knit her something nice.

Click on the thumbnails to see larger pics.

Yarn: Lang Yarns Silkdream (used 3 balls)
Color: 696.0078 - - or in my words, teal
Content: 50% Merino and 50% Silk
Needles:US 6 . . . 4mm
Pattern: Lacy Leaves stitch pattern from the book Big Book of Knitting Stitch Patterns
Modifications: I didn't cross the stitches on the sides of the stitch pattern because I didn't like the look of it as much, plus I added four stst on each side.

I really liked working on this scarf, this is the best yarn I have ever felt so far. However, half way through the first ball was a knot, which was disappointing, but the other two balls didn't have any knots.


The first picture was while it was blocking, which was interesting to do since I don't really have a space large enough to do that. But the blocking was well worth it.







1 comment:

  1. Do you have a link to the pattern? It looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete