Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Picots, Picots, and More Picots 10/28/07

Here is a doily that I made for my sister for Christmas.
It was needle tatted with pale pink crochet cotton.
The pattern is: here
It is about 7 3/4" across.


I think it will be quite some time before I make something with that many picots again, simply because that was a pain to block. The crochet cotton that I used wanted to twist the picots closed, so every picot had to be pinned open.

This one was without the flash.





This one was with the flash, unfortunately I couldn't get the color right in the pictures, it is between these two pics.





Two close-ups.







Overall, really enjoyed making it and it is the largest tatting item I have made so far. If I continue to use the crochet cotton I am going to have to figure out a way to make it not twist so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment