It was needle tatted with pale pink crochet cotton.
The pattern is: here
It is about 7 3/4" across.
I think it will be quite some time before I make something with that many picots again, simply because that was a pain to block. The crochet cotton that I used wanted to twist the picots closed, so every picot had to be pinned open.
This one was without the flash.
This one was with the flash, unfortunately I couldn't get the color right in the pictures, it is between these two pics.
Overall, really enjoyed making it and it is the largest tatting item I have made so far. If I continue to use the crochet cotton I am going to have to figure out a way to make it not twist so much.